Champion® Stadium is where Atlanta Braves players take the field every spring to prepare their game for the upcoming season. With over 9,500 seats, four luxury sky boxes, and multiple open-air suites and patios, the double-decker stadium offers all the amenities of today’s major league ballparks. Stadium seats, bleachers and a grassy knoll all provide fans an intimate sports experience like no other. Once the Braves head north for the summer, amateur athletes take the stage in this one-of-a-kind venue for their own big league experiences. This stadium is also the host of the USSSA World Series Opening Ceremonies.
ESPN Wide World of Sports – Softball Diamondplex
The Diamondplex features four fields in a giant circular pattern with two additional fields adjacent. Outfield fences measure 305 feet, and temporary fences are available for games when shorter distances are required. Each field can be configured to accommodate fastpitch softball, slowpitch softball, or youth baseball games, and all the fields feature bullpens and spacious dugouts. A centrally located tower overlooking the venue offers conveniences including press facilities, concession stands, and an area for scorekeepers and officials.
ESPN Wide World of Sports – HESS® Fields
Sponsored by HESS®, the Official Fuel of the Walt Disney World® Resort, the HESS® Sports Fields provide a majestic setting for outdoor field sports like football, soccer, lacrosse, baseball, and softball just to name a few. The spacious and versatile fields feature seven grass playing surfaces and four convertible fields which can be configured for baseball and softball or traditional sports fields. Multiple events can be contested on the fields simultaneously, or all may be combined for the same tournament.
For 2010, USSSA will be hosting the 16U “A”, 16U “B”, 18U “A”, and 18U “B” Fastpitch World Series events in Florida as part of the ESPN Rise games. These games will be incorporated into ESPN Wide World of Sports on the July 17-24 week of games.
ESPN Wide World of Sports – Policies and Procedures
A 220-acre, state-of-the-art facility where amateurs to professionals, kids to seniors, and serious athletes to recreational sports enthusiasts will have an opportunity to experience the exhilarating fun of sports competition.
- SPECTATOR ADMISSION: All spectators are required to purchase admission into Disney’s Wide World of Sports complex by either an individual daily admission or length-of-event (LOE) pass that is valid for all days of the team’s stay. LOE and general admission tickets are non-refundable/non-exchangeable, regardless of number of days your team competes. If you purchase an individual daily admission from an offsite facility, you may turn it in at the box office at Disney’s Wide World of Sports for credit towards your purchase of a length of event ticket. You may only turn in 1 offsite ticket towards the purchase of 1 length of event ticket.
- SEATING/SHADE: Each of the Diamonds had permanent bench style seats. Teams may bring in their own tents & chairs, provided that they do not interfere with the field of play or stake into the ground.
- FLUIDS: Water stations will be located in each team dugout area.
- COOLERS: Individual 1 gallon coolers and a team 5 galloon cooler are permitted. However, alcoholic beverages and glass containers are NOT permitted. (Please be aware that these rules may be different at the various off-site facilities.)
- LOCKER/STORAGE: There is no storage for team equipment at the venues. All teams should keep their equipment with them at all times.
- EQUIPMENT DROP OFF: Teams may drop off their equipment at the designated equipment area near the bus drop-off zone and load onto an equipment pargo. One team member will escort the equipment to the “drop off area” at your designated field location. The service is a courtesy to our guests, but does not have to be utilized. First come, first serve as the pargos run continuously throughout competition hours.
- CONCESSION STANDS: Teams & spectators will find concession stands conveniently located throughout our property.