USSSA World Series Info Packet – Orlando, FL 2014
Welcome to the 2014 USSSA Road to Orlando World Series!
Congratulations on an outstanding season and welcome to the 2014 USSSA Fast Pitch World Series Tournament held in Kissimmee, Florida. Games will be played at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, Osceola Softball Complex and Fortune Road Softball Complex, and Oren Brown Complex.
For 2014, we will be splitting the age groups over two separate weeks based on their age/division.
- July 12-19, 2014: 8U, 10U A/B, 11U, 12U A/B, 13U, 14U B
- July 19-26, 2014: 14 & Under A, 16 & Under A & B, 18 & Under A & B
The USSSA Fast Pitch program will use a 5-game guarantee format in its World Series Tournament. Teams will be seeded into pools based on current USSSA ranking points and play a round robin. All teams will be seeded into a double elimination championship bracket following pool play. Seeding will be based on pool finish. The exact format of the tournament, e.g., number of games, number of teams in each pool, etc., will be set by the tournament director following USSSA Fast Pitch guidelines as approved by the USSSA Fast Pitch National Committee.
To guarantee your spot in the tournament, your team will need to complete the online entry process. All entries must be made through the www.usssa.com website. You will be required to submit your entry and payment online. At this point it will be subject to approval by your state director. Once approved, your entry will be considered complete for this World Series Event. Official entry and payment process must be completed no later than June 27 (for July 12-19) or July 12 (for July 19-26). The entry fee for all age/class divisions is $465. The 8U entry fee is $295.
All players participating in USSSA Fast Pitch youth tournament play shall have proof of age in possession of their team manager at all times. All team rosters must be on the USSSA website, www.usssa.com, and all teams must adhere to all rules and regulations as outlined in the current edition of the USSSA Fastpitch playing rules and by-laws. Proof of age must be verified by a government issued document that identifies the player by name, gender and birth date.
Teams will not be subject to qualifying procedures for this event, meaning that any USSSA registered team is eligible to participate and can make plans to attend now. However the number of USSSA tournaments in which a team plays and their performance in those tournaments will assist in determining their World Series classification.
All playing rules shall be governed by the official USSSA Fastpitch softball rulebook and national by-laws. Note that the rulebook online at www.usssa.com will always supersede the latest printed version if a discrepancy exists.
|July 12-19 Event||Sam Goebelfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|July 19-26 Event||Bill Dowellemail@example.com|
ESPN Wide World of Sports
The tournament website is www.usssaroadtoorlando.com. Check it frequently for updates.
ESPN Wide World of Sports
700 S. Victory Way, Kissimmee, FL disneyworldsports.disney.go.com
- ESPN Wide World of Sports 700 S. Victory Way, Kissimmee, FL 34747
- Osceola Softball Complex 3000 N. John Young Parkway, Kissimmee, FL 34741
- Fortune Road Softball Complex 2500 Fortune Road, Kissimmee, FL 34744
Awards Package sizes will be based on the number of teams in the tournament. Below is the full size package that will be awarded for divisions.
- 8-12 Teams Top 3 team and individual are awarded
- 13-32 Teams Top 4 teams and individual are awarded
- 33 or more Teams Top 6 teams and individual are awarded
- Team Sportsmanship award
- Outstanding Pitcher award
- Outstanding Offensive Player award
- Outstanding Defensive Player award
- MVP award
For a full list of lodging available for this event, please go the to following link:
Hotel Registration Form: Standard Registration Form
All teams will be required to check-in prior to the event. At this check-in, there are two mandatory pieces of information that must be turned in:
- ESPN Wide World of Sport Waiver Form. ALL PLAYERS & COACHES MUST SIGN the ESPN Wide World of Sports Waiver Form.
- Proof of Team Insurance. Each team will be required to show a valid certificate of insurance at check-in.
For official Opening Day information, CLICK HERE. Below you will find tentative itinerary.
- Sat July 12 MANDATORY CHECK-IN at ESPN Wide World of Sports – Coaches only, NO PLAYERS: 4:00-6:30pm
- Sat July 12 MANDATORY MANAGER’S MEETING @ ESPN WWOS (2 max per team): 7:00pm
- Wed July 16 Teams Line‐up for Tournament Ceremonies at ESPN WWOS Fields 7 & 9: 6:30pm
- Wed July 16 Tournament Ceremonies at Champion(R) Stadium: 7:30pm
- Sat July 19 MANDATORY CHECK-IN at ESPN Wide World of Sports – Coaches only, NO PLAYERS: 2:30pm-5:30pm
- Sat July 19 MANDATORY MANAGER’S MEETING @ ESPN WWOS: 6:00pm-7:00pm
- Sat July 19 Teams Line‐up for Tournament Ceremonies at ESPN WWOS Fields 7 & 9: 7:00pm
- Sat July 19 Tournament Ceremonies at Champion(R) Stadium: 8:00pm
- Sun July 13/20 World Series Pool Play Begins
- Mon July 14/21 World Series Pool Play Continues
- Tue July 15/22 World Series Pool Play Concludes
- Wed July 16/23 World Series Bracket Play Begins
- Thu July 17/24 World Series Bracket Play Continues
- Fri July 18/25 World Series Bracket Play Continues
- Sat July 19/26 World Series Bracket Play concludes
Bracket schedules will not be mailed out in advance. The pool play and double elimination brackets will be given to coaches during the team check-in. Player, coach and other pre-tournament items will also be distributed at the team check-in.
Note that all times are subject to change. Please verify itinerary during team check-in. Once the tournament begins, managers must check the main bracket board for any changes in game times, field assignments or other items related to tournament play or functions.
There will be a non-mandatory team gift exchange during one of your pool play games. Teams wishing to participate should bring something that is representative of their home area, the value of which is not important. It is recommended that teams bring a minimum of 16 gifts to exchange.
Below you will find the pricing for the 2014 Event. This is subject to change, but this has been posted as an approximation and a guideline.
Spectator Admission is as follows: $16.50 per adult per day or $82.50 per adult for a tournament pass/LOE. For children ages 3-9 it is $11.50 per day or $57.50 for a tournament pass/LOE. Children under 3 are free. This charge includes everyone except players and team coaches. A maximum of 3 coach passes and 20 player passes will be issued. Player passes will only be issued to those listed on the submitted roster, and only players in uniform will be allowed to enter on a player pass. Players and up to 3 coaches will get in for free. The LOE pass is good for Disney AND all other ballparks being used that week.
For a full rundown of the policies and procedures for each of the parks, please go to Park Information on the left menu.
World Series Merchandise
USSSA World Series apparel and souvenirs, will be sold at the Opening Ceremonies and throughout the tournament.
For more information on rules CLICK HERE.